Tetra4d in Acrobat DC

When I install Tetra4d in my 32bit windows the icon appears in acrobat tool and it works,
but installing Tetra4d in a 64bit windows, no icon appears in acrobat, can someone tell me
what the problem is.

That’s quite weird…Maybe the support is aware about this one…:thinking:

I have the same issue - I do not see the Tetra icon in the tools. I can see the Tetra4D Converter on the menu bar, I have access to the templates. I do not see the tetra in the tools though

Wojtek

Maybe you can use Tetra4D Reviewer for the moment…as this one doesn’t require the use of Adobe Acrobat Pro (it has to be installed on the same PC than Adobe Acrobat Pro + Tetra4D Converter, but it runs as a standalone program)…

Hi - Thank you for the answer. I am wondering what is the compatibility issue. The installation guide tells Tetra4D converter requires Adobe Pro DC. I buy it and after installation it turns out it is incompatible and I need something different. This sounds suspicious.

That’s weird, I have some colleagues who are still using Pro DC (I’m on Pro 2017) and they don’t have this kind of issue…

Hello everybody,
I have the same problem. I can not use my Tetra4D because it did not appear in the TOOLS.
Anybody has already solved this probleme? What about Tetra4D support. Could you help please?
Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Tetra4D released its 2020 version and this issue should be adressed by this version…Did you try this one?

Hi everybody,

I have the same problem. Tetra4D is not showing under “tools” in Acrobat.
Used versions:

• Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020
  • Tetra4D Converter 2021.1.1

It gets really strange: If different Windows users are trying to use Acrobat and Tetra4D on the same machine there is a different behaviour. Some users can see the icon under tools and others not.
Deleting all Acrobat/Tetra settings in the user directories did not solve the problem.

Do you have any idea how to fix that?
Thank you.

Hello,

There might be 2 different issues :

1) I have Acrobat Pro 64 bits and Tetra4D plug-in does not appear in the tools.

Acrobat Pro 64 bits is only supported since Tetra4D 2022.
Please verify your Tetra4D version (Tetra4d menu → About Tetra4D).

2) My versions are compatible but the plug-in is not displayed in the tools.

It could be a registry issue.
Type “Regedit” in the windows search bar open the Registriy Editor.
Expand Hkey_current_user > Expand Software > Expand Adobe > Delete the following registries (if exisiting):

1. Acrobat Reader
  2. Acrobat Distiller
  3. Acrobat Elements
  4. Adobe Acrobat
  5. and PDF settings

Repeat these steps for Hkey_local_machine.

Then start Acrobat and disable the default Adobe Acrobat Pro setting in Edit → Preferences → Security (Enhanced) → “Enable Protected Mode at startup” is DISABLED / UNCHECKED. Then restart Acrobat.

Please contact us if you face further issue.

Tetra4D Support Team

As you are the Tetra4D support representative I recommend that when requesting a regedit modification that you state that the regedit should be backed up first. Missing this out myself I had to reinstall all my Adobe products again after Acrobat failed to open at all after your recommended changes.

Thank you @aaspley for your comment.

To back-up a registry, click on File → Export or Right-click on the Registry → Export then save the .reg file.
Then import it again with File → Import and select your .reg file.

Although the registries presented in this workaround are safe to delete and regenerated once your reopen Adobe Acrobat Pro. Make sure not to remove any other registry.

Tetra4D Support Team

Just using this step fixed not being able to use the plugin for me:

Then start Acrobat and disable the default Adobe Acrobat Pro setting in Edit → Preferences → Security (Enhanced) → “Enable Protected Mode at startup” is DISABLED / UNCHECKED. Then restart Acrobat.